On Wednesday 28th February 2014 at The Grosvenor House Hotel the Institute of Hospitality held their annual Fellows’ Dinner. A celebratory evening when the Fellows of the Institute get together and welcome in new Fellows to the Institute. Having been a member of the Institute since I was a student, I upgraded my membership to be a Fellow early last year and it was at this event that I was officially presented and introduced to my Fellow peers.
On arrival I was greeted and presented with a red rose to wear for the evening, as were all the newly elected Fellows:
At the start of the dinner all newly elected Fellows were officially presented and introduced to Chief Executive Peter Ducker FIH, and Executive Council members Arthur De Haast FIH and Gillian Hayes FIH.
More details of the event can be found on the Institute of Hospitality’s Website
The information below outlines how to become a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality:
This grade of membership confers designatory letters upon an individual (FIH). Fellows have full voting rights and can hold office in the Institute. Fellows will have met the following criteria:
- have made a significant personal contribution to the industry
- have been in a Senior Management position for at least 5 years
- have been a Full Corporate Member (MIH) of the Institute for at least five years or at the discretion of the Executive Council be considered for direct entry in accordance with the Bye-Laws
- should be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to the aims and work of the Institute
- have shown evidence of an ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development and have gained and evidenced CPD Points.
- Applications for upgrading to Fellowship shall be supported by TWO Fellows of the Institute, who shall have knowledge of the candidate for THREE years immediately preceding the application. Referees must not be members of the applicant’s immediate family circle
More details can found on their website and by contacting Rosalyn Berry (pictured below) who looks after membership for the Institute of Hospitality.